At Hey June, all of our necklaces, bracelets, huggies, and hoops are gold-filled or sterling silver pieces! Gold-filled jewelry means that there is a layer of real gold bonded over brass- it is tarnish-resistant and hypoallergenic. These are pieces you can put on and keep on. Gold-filled jewelry gives you the beauty, quality, and durability of solid gold without having to pay for it! Wahoo!
With proper care and handling, your gold-filled or sterling silver piece can give you a very long and happy life! Here are our recommendations for keeping your piece looking pristine!
- Store in an airtight bag when not wearing
- Wipe jewelry off after swimming or lots of exposure to water or other elements.
- Avoid contact with sunscreen, cleaning products with bleach, perfumes, scented lotions, hairsprays, etc. If your piece does have contact with these things, no biggie, just wipe it off as soon as possible.
- Gently clean your piece with water and mild dish soap if it starts to look worn.
- Use a soft anti-tarnishing cloth on your gold-filled or sterling silver piece to remove stubborn dirt.
See our full Jewelry Care Guide for more details.