Phoebe (a name in Ancient Greek that means "bright") is our first piece of 2021- a tiny half sun necklace representing JOY. According to Brene Brown, joy is the most vulnerable human emotion. It's easier to default to stress or worry or sorrow or frustration than to allow ourselves to fully feel joy. 2020 did some pretty gnarly things to us, but this necklace is for everyone who is ready and brave enough to seek and celebrate JOY in 2021.
All our necklaces are named after powerful female literary characters and writers who pave the road before us. Phoebe is named after Phoebe from Catcher in the Rye. Phoebe is Holden Caulfield's little sister and a constant source of joy and light for him. This necklace is secondarily named after the hilarious and light hearted Phoebe from Walk Two Moons.
“You can't keep the birds of sadness from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair.” -Phoebe
- 14k gold filled or sterling silver chain and charm
- Hypoallergenic, will not tarnish, will not irritate skin
- .5 inches in diameter
- Comes on 14", 15", 16" or 18" chain
- Model in pink is wearing 15" chain
- Model in cream cardigan is wearing 18" chain.
- If you want to add length to your necklace you may purchase extra length here
- 14k gold filled means this necklace can last a lifetime. Please review our Jewelry Care Guide for the best way to care for your piece for a long and happy life together.
- All items come in a hand-stamped box perfect for gift giving. Items bought together will be packaged together, up to three items per box. If you would like additional gift boxes you may buy them here
Follow on instagram at @shopheyjune for sales, deals, and giveaways.
At Hey June, all of our necklaces, bracelets, huggies, and hoops are gold-filled or sterling silver pieces! Gold-filled jewelry means that there is a layer of real gold bonded over brass- it is tarnish-resistant and hypoallergenic. These are pieces you can put on and keep on. Gold-filled jewelry gives you the beauty, quality, and durability of solid gold without having to pay for it! Wahoo!
With proper care and handling, your gold-filled or sterling silver piece can give you a very long and happy life! Here are our recommendations for keeping your piece looking pristine!
- Store in an airtight bag when not wearing
- Wipe jewelry off after swimming or lots of exposure to water or other elements.
- Avoid contact with sunscreen, cleaning products with bleach, perfumes, scented lotions, hairsprays, etc. If your piece does have contact with these things, no biggie, just wipe it off as soon as possible.
- Gently clean your piece with water and mild dish soap if it starts to look worn.
- Use a soft anti-tarnishing cloth on your gold-filled or sterling silver piece to remove stubborn dirt.
See our full Jewelry Care Guide for more details.
Hey June is happy to offer store credit on the return of jewelry within 30 days of purchase. On custom made pieces (necklaces or bracelets) there is a $4 restock fee that will be deducted from the amount of store credit you receive. To initiate a return, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order # and your name and we can get the process started.
Hey June will exchange an item within 30 days of purchase. To exchange the item, we ask that you follow the steps for the return listed above and then repurchase the item that you want.
DEFECTIVE OR BROKEN JEWELRY
Hey June will replace any jewelry that is defective, scratched or breaks within the first 30 days of purchase. After 30 days of purchase, you can pay a minimal fix it fee and we can fix your necklace if it is broken at the jump ring or clasp. We cannot repair a chain that is broken in the middle of the chain. You may purchase the fix it fee here.
All of our gold-filled jewelry is anti-tarnish. That means with the proper care it will retain its color and shine. Please read our jewelry care guide for information on how to keep your pieces looking pristine for the longest amount of time possible.
If your jewelry tarnishes we offer the following:
WITHIN 30 DAYS
We will replace the item at no cost to you
We will offer a one time use code to replace the item at 50% of its original cost.
We ask that customers are responsible for replacing their own items
CANCELLING AN ORDER
You may cancel an order and receive a full refund if our team has not started fulfilling the item yet. To see if your order qualifies for cancellation, please email email@example.com with your order number.
If you have ordered a wrong length we highly recommend purchasing our removable 2 inch extender. This will give added length to any jewelry piece. Otherwise, you may return the item for store credit minus the $4 restocking fee and then repurchase the correct length. This process must be initiated within 30 days of purchase.
For full policies and procedures, please see here.
Absolutely love this necklace. Amazing quality! I been swimming in the river with it on, camping, climbing and I basically never take it off... It still looks sparkly and glimmers in the sunshine!
I have got so many compliments on this necklace. Just stunning. Great job on the design.
Even prettier in person! So shiny and love the intricate design! The shade of gold is perfect!
The puppy necklace is just great no problems it’s the Aberdeen that I’m having problems with I bought two of them two different links and I’m having trouble getting it to stay turned the right way I’ve tried it all different ways and I don’t know how to use my detangler
Purchased two of these beauties. One for my daughter and one for myself. The are well made with care and quality. So fun and cute! Especially love that the half sun shape is designed to bring Joy.