All our necklaces are named after powerful female literary characters and writers who paved the road before us. Janie is named after Janie from Their Eyes Were Watching God.
Janie is a character of growth, evolution, and tenacity. Shy and easily controlled in the beginning, she endures several unhealthy relationships, finds her identity and learns to love herself wholly. Janie becomes the author of her own narrative. After nearly 20 years of marriage, Janie finally finds her voice, her power, and her peace.
This necklace celebrates each of our inner ability to find our own voice and seek after what we want most in life.
"She began to stand around the gate and expect things. What things? She didn’t know exactly. Things that nobody ever told her."
- 14k Gold Filled Chain and charm
- Made with our Charlotte chain
- Safe to shower, swim and sweat in
- Available in 15, 16, 18 or 20 inch chain (15 inch is more of a choker length, 18 inch is standard necklace length).
- Traditional spring clasp that goes in the back.
- PLEASE measure your neck ahead of time to make sure you get the right length.
All items come in a hand stamped box perfect for gift giving. Items bought together will be packaged together, up to three items per box. If you would like additional gift boxes you may buy them here.
Follow on instagram at @shopheyjune for sales, deals, and giveaways.