Prynne (Lock Necklace)
Prynne is a delicate and detailed necklace, with a small lock being the focal point. The lock represents the things we keep closest to our hearts- our treasures, our desires, our loves, our wild hopes that we don't share with just anyone.
All our necklaces are named after powerful female literary characters and writers who pave the road before us. Prynne is named after Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter. Prynne is pressured through her whole life to reveal details about her child to her harsh, prying, and punitive community. Instead, she keeps these things safe and close to herself, protecting herself and her daughter in the process. She is her own woman and does not bow down to the pressures around her. Hester Prynne is a woman of strength, wisdom, and clear judgment.
"They said it [the scarlet letter on her chest] meant Able, so strong was Hester Prynne, with a woman’s strength."
- 14k gold filled or sterling silver chain and charm
- Hypoallergenic, will not tarnish, will not irritate skin
- 6 mm in diameter
- Comes on Baby Antonia, Circe, or standard chain. All chain options are 14k gold filled.
- We have many length options. Please measure your neck to ensure you get the length you want. If you would like to add length to your necklace you can do that here.
- 14k gold filled means this necklace can last a lifetime. Please review our Jewelry Care Guide for the best way to care for your piece for a long and happy life together.
- All items come in a hand-stamped box perfect for gift giving. Items bought together will be packaged together, up to three items per box. If you would like additional gift boxes you may buy them here
Follow on instagram at @shopheyjune for sales, deals, and giveaways.
At Hey June, all of our necklaces, bracelets, huggies, and hoops are gold-filled or sterling silver pieces! Gold-filled jewelry means that there is a layer of real gold bonded over brass- it is tarnish-resistant and hypoallergenic. These are pieces you can put on and keep on. Gold-filled jewelry gives you the beauty, quality, and durability of solid gold without having to pay for it! Wahoo!
With proper care and handling, your gold-filled or sterling silver piece can give you a very long and happy life! Here are our recommendations for keeping your piece looking pristine!
- Store in an airtight bag when not wearing
- Wipe jewelry off after swimming or lots of exposure to water or other elements.
- Avoid contact with sunscreen, cleaning products with bleach, perfumes, scented lotions, hairsprays, etc. If your piece does have contact with these things, no biggie, just wipe it off as soon as possible.
- Gently clean your piece with water and mild dish soap if it starts to look worn.
- Use a soft anti-tarnishing cloth on your gold-filled or sterling silver piece to remove stubborn dirt.
See our full Jewelry Care Guide for more details.
Hey June is happy to offer store credit on the return of jewelry within 30 days of purchase. On custom made pieces (necklaces or bracelets) there is a $4 restock fee that will be deducted from the amount of store credit you receive. To initiate a return, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order # and your name and we can get the process started.
Hey June will exchange an item within 30 days of purchase. To exchange the item, we ask that you follow the steps for the return listed above and then repurchase the item that you want.
DEFECTIVE OR BROKEN JEWELRY
Hey June will replace any jewelry that is defective, scratched or breaks within the first 30 days of purchase. After 30 days of purchase, you can pay a minimal fix it fee and we can fix your necklace if it is broken at the jump ring or clasp. We cannot repair a chain that is broken in the middle of the chain. You may purchase the fix it fee here.
All of our gold-filled jewelry is anti-tarnish. That means with the proper care it will retain its color and shine. Please read our jewelry care guide for information on how to keep your pieces looking pristine for the longest amount of time possible.
If your jewelry tarnishes we offer the following:
WITHIN 30 DAYS
We will replace the item at no cost to you
We will offer a one time use code to replace the item at 50% of its original cost.
We ask that customers are responsible for replacing their own items
CANCELLING AN ORDER
You may cancel an order and receive a full refund if our team has not started fulfilling the item yet. To see if your order qualifies for cancellation, please email email@example.com with your order number.
If you have ordered a wrong length we highly recommend purchasing our removable 2 inch extender. This will give added length to any jewelry piece. Otherwise, you may return the item for store credit minus the $4 restocking fee and then repurchase the correct length. This process must be initiated within 30 days of purchase.
For full policies and procedures, please see here.
Delicate and Beautiful
I have purchased several pieces from Hey June; love them all!
Since receiving it I have not taken it off. Love how it does not tarnish and I can wear it without any worries.
Haven't taken this off since I got it in the mail. Even went scuba diving with it over the weekend!! I love everything Hey June
I love this necklace! I am impressed with how pretty the standard chain is. And the little lock is really cute.
Beautiful lock necklace
I purchased for my daughter and she absolutely loves it! Great workmanship. I have ordered several things. And we are very happy !